Saturday, January 26, 2013

I have been in my house 13 years and have not really done any major updates. A couple of years ago, I decided to pull up all the carpet and replace with laminate flooring.  I went through 4 different products before I finally found the one that I really like and works for me.  It is easy to install.  I replaced the flooring in the living room and hall twice, in the 3 bedrooms once, however in the master bedroom, I ended up putting down flooring that is completely difference from the other bedrooms and the living room and hall.  I found this product/flooring at home depot. 



Master Bedroom after carpet is taken up



I wished I had found this product before I installed the living room and hall flooring the first time.  Click this link for the flooring:  http://www.homedepot.com/Flooring-Vinyl-Flooring-Resilient-Flooring-Resilient-Vinyl-Planks/h_d1/N-5yc1vZbzjz/R-202075773/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&storeId=10051

It was so easy to put down.  My floor was even so there was only vacumming the subfloor as my prep work, after taking up the carpet.  Oh yea, make sure all the carpet staples are removed from the subfloor.  All you need is a box cutter and a straight edge as a guide.  When you need to cut a plank just line up with the area, determine where you need to cut, score it on the back of the plank and then snap into.  Just lay the plank down and connect the adhesive strips. If you need to take up a strip to reposition or replace, just use a blow dryer on the strip and pull up.  So easy.  I wish I had taken pictures of the installation.  When I replace the living room and hall, I will show you how easy it is to install.   Below are the pictures of my bedroom from being to the finished product.

The flooring is a fraction of the cost of hardwood but gives the look of hardwood.  I am so in love with this flooring. 






Please ignore all the extra stuff laying around that I had not put away before taking the pictures. 


I hope you enjoyed this blog.  Leave a comment and let me know what you think of the blog and the flooring.  I have decided to blog the other floor installations, the results and how I feel about them.  Please stay tuned or come back.

0 comments:

Post a Comment