Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Do we really need more room and stuff? Don't we have enough?

Anybody that really know me, know that I love doing or at least attempting to do all my own home improvement projects.  With that comes a lot of learning.  I do a lot of self educating.  I watch a lot of DIY shows, research a lot on the Internet.  This morning I was watching a show on HGTV, called "Bang for your Buck.  The show looks at a specific room of 3 different houses that has been remodeled/renovated in the same city, in order to determine who got the best renovation for their money.  Today they featured master bathrooms in Birmingham.  An expert designer and a local realtor goes through the room and evaluate it.  Trying to determine if the home owners made the right choices.

As far as I am concerned these were really large bathrooms.  However, the first thing that the critiquing designer and real estate expert stated that one of the particular bathrooms was small. The bathroom was bigger than the second bedroom in  my house. They also complained that the master closet was way to small.  The master closet was a converted bedroom.  Are you kidding me.  That is to small?

Why do we need so much space?  Oh, I know!  Because we have so much stuff.  Why do we have so much stuff?  I am not condemning the home owners for having so much stuff.  I am as guilty as the next person.  I have so much stuff, that I have accumulated over a 20 year period,  not wanting to let go of anything.  My house is busting at the seams, even after purging, giving things away and trashing others. 

Every bedroom closet is full of stuff.  The attic is full of stuff.  And after I filled all those areas with stuff, I had a storage building, built behind my house, to get the stuff out of my house and I did. Only to accumulate more stuff in my house.   Oh yea,  there is a storage room connected to the back of my house, which is also full of stuff.

I have stuff (and that's what it really is, stuff) in my attic that has been there since the day I moved in my house 13 years ago.  I think it is time for it to go.  There is stuff in the storage building that belongs to my daughter that has been there since she graduated from college in 2010. 

My thought process to get rid of all this stuff is if, I/we have not used it in over a year, I/we don't need it.  It is time for it to go.  I see a huge yard sale coming in March. 


Thanks for reading my blog.  Stay tuned or come back for more.  If you like my blogs, please subscribe to my page.  Thanks in advance. One Love!

0 comments:

Post a Comment