Thursday, April 11, 2013

The mess that is my night stand.

If your night stand is anything like my, what a disorganized mess.  There are things in my night stand that just should not be there.  It has become impossible to find things that I think I've placed in there. So today I am tackling the mess that is my night stand.

Top Drawer



Okay wait the entire night stand is not a mess.  See, these are pictures of the bottom two drawers, which I keep organized and neat most of the time.  The bottom drawer houses my PJs and a few other things. The middle drawers has my unmentionable, lol.  You know what they are.

To keep the middle drawer organized, I used small drawer organizer for my socks and medium plastic organizer for my bras and panties. I purchased the medium ones years ago from Bed, Bath and Beyond.  I purchased the small ones about two weeks ago from TJ Maxx.  There were 3 in a pack for $2.99.  I don't recall what I paid for the medium ones.  

Middle Drawer

 
 
Bottom Drawer

 
I am a sockaholic. Yea, I said sock.  I loads of socks.  They are right now located in 3 places. I keep about 6 pair in my night stand, so if my feet get cold at night, they are close,  some are in my chest of drawers and some are ing a small basket in the closet.  With the exception of the few inmynight stand, my goal is to get them all in one place, in the chest of drawers. 

But today, I am working on my night stand. I've also have the shelf liner that I will be using in the bottom of the drawer. I purchased it from TJ Maxx for $5.99.  There are two rolls and it covers about 30 Sq feet.

I took everything out of the draw and wiped it out with a damp sponge.  Covered the bottom with the shelf liner and decided what I need beside my bed. 



And here is the finished product.  Drum roll please. 


After but before placing my ipad and laptop cooling pad in.


After placing ipad and laptop cooling pad in
 

After - Top of night stand
Need to find pics for the picture frames
Now if I can get out of the habit of throwing everything on the night stand at the end of the day.



Oh yea, by the way!  I've done so more organizing in the fridge.  Go to my refrigerator organizing blog for the update. 

Thanks for stopping by.  If you like my blog, website and organizing, please share and comment.

Enjoy and as always, have a wonderful day. 

1Love!

0 comments:

Post a Comment