Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Organizing Manuals

Today's project is to organize all my manuals that I have around the house in varies places.  I want to contain them all in one location so that I am able to find them when I need them.  This is a good idea when you have forgotten how to operation something that you had not used in awhile or if you are like me, you have not took the time to learn how to use something to it's fullest potential.  I have many items like that latter. 

I know I have other manuals somewhere and as I locate them I will include in this binder.  Actually, I probably will start another binder as this one is already full.  I will continue to update you on this on going project.

I hope this is helpful and as always if you have any comments, suggestion or question to leave them. 

Before - This is how I stored my manuals before I organized them.



Here are the items I used:

1 1/2" White Binder          
Document Protectors
Sharpie Marker
Wilson Jones Spine label




Determine how you want your binder to be organized.  I put each manual in a document protector with the exception of the small ones.  I separated them into two categories:  small appliances and electronics (i.e. camcorder, digital camera). And grouped them together in one document protector.
 
I also placed the product registration card and the receipt in the document protector along with the corresponding appliance manual.  Note:  I registered my appliance online but I am keeping the registration card because it has the model and serial number on it.  The numbers sometimes rub off the appliance, so it is important that you maintain this card). 
 
Place a tab divider between each document protector.  Wrote on the tap with a black sharpie what was contained in the document protector behind each tab.
 
With my computer and printer, I made a label for the spine and a front cover for the manual.
 
 
And here is the finish product:   
 


 


As always, I hope you enjoyed.  Please leave a comment, suggestion or question.

1LOVE!


0 comments:

Post a Comment