Tuesday, April 16, 2013

I am seriously on a roll! Kitchen silver and utensils drawers.

Update:  I have completed another drawer.  This is the silverware drawer.  Before I had a plastic silver tray that did not really hold all of my silverware.  So unorganized and junkie.  I am I the only one who has everything in every drawer?  Or am I the only one brave enough to show what is my mess?  I am not ashamed.  I would be more ashamed if I did not do anything about it now that I found some very inexpensive items. Don't judge me, LOL.



 
I purchased this wired baskets for Dollar Tree for $1.00 each.  I used 4.  



4 baskets = $4.00.  Less that half the price of another wire trays.
 




The title says a lot. I am seriously on a roll with this purging and organizing. In addition to cleaning out and organizing the mess that was my night stand. I also conquered 3 drawers in the kitchen.  Those three drawers it what I will talk about today.

As I have said in previous post, our lives were so busy we just live from day to day.  Barely enough time to clean, let alone organizing. However, looking back over the growing years of my kids, if we were more organized we would have not lost so much time looking for stuff.

But first let's talk bargain shopping.  The organizational items in this post came from Marshalls and Dollar Tree.  If you have a Dollar Tree in your area, they have a major stock of organizational items.  So check them out.  Prices are below the pics.

Before
 
As I sorted through the utensils, I found that I had multiples of a few items.  4 large turning forks, 3 sets of tongues,  2 garlic press (seriously, who needs 2 garlic presses), 3 manual can openers, 2 wine bottle openers (I don't even drink wine like that).  LOL and loads of chopsticks. I love chopsticks.  I don't know why but I do.
 
 
 After - Drawer 1
 I separated and arranged items in 2 drawers
This mess divider tray came from Marshalls - $6.99



After - Drawer 2
These are individual mess wire trays, I believe I got from Bed, Bath and Beyond many years ago.  I repurposed and reused them.

Please check back in a day or two for my next project.  Once I complete all these little draws and the closets, I will be moving on to some larger projects that I have on my list. Stay tuned.  I can't wait to do my office but that is a major project that will take time and a whole like of planning.  It has to right and functional the first time around.  At least close to it. 

I hope you enjoyed this blog.  Please comment and share with your friends.  Please join my blog for received notice of future post.

As always, Have a wonderful blessed day.

1LOVE

0 comments:

Post a Comment