Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Project for the week.

So, I have my material/cut list.  Here is what I need:

Boards

(7) 1X2X40"
(2) 1X2X38 1/2"
(4) 1X2X18"
(2) 1X10X48 (for the top)
1 1/2" screws
120 grit sandpaper
liquid nail
wood filler
Stain

square

pencil
safety glasses
drill     
countersink drill bit


My project for this week is to reconstruct/modify a cabinet that I have had for years into a kitchen island.  After weeks of brainstorming, I think I have come up with a plan to accomplish this task. 

Today I will draw out my plan and make my material list.  I am going to go to Lowes and lay the material out on the floor (yea in the store) to get a visual as to how it will look.  I am going to have Lowes cut all the material to size and I will do the constructing. 

Here is a picture of the cabinet before it's transformation.



Follow/join this site to see the finished product.

0 comments:

Post a Comment