Wednesday, March 20, 2013

T-Shirt organization

If you are like me you have loads of T-shirts.  I had two dressers that had three drawers each full of T-Shirts and boxes in my walk-in closet full of T-Shirts.  I purged and got rid of some of them.  But I don't know about you but I find it had to get rid of my t-shirts.  They are so comfortable and I love wearing them.  I will wear a t-shirts every day if I could. I do try my best.  They are my go to top. 

So, with so many t-shirts, I needed to find a way to organize them and contain them in one location. I can't say this is my original ideal.  I did a lot of research on the internet and this is the best organizational ideal for t-shirts, I came across.   Although I am still in the process of organizing them.  But I wanted to show you how I am organizing my t-shirts.

Below are instruction for organizing your t-shirts.  You need to start by folding your t-shirt.




 
1) Lay flat


 2) Fold each side about a third of the way to the center
3) Fold the sleeves back towards the outside


 

4)  Fold the t-shirts in half, bring the bottom up to the top



5) Fold the t-shirt in half again
 
 6) Shirts will stacked standing with the collar down


 

7)  Group colors together and stack in drawer
 
8)  only space for two stacks w/opening in the middle
9) made a third stack in the middle of the two.
 
 
I can get twice as many t-shirts in one drawer and they are easy to see, instead of picking up each shirt to find the one I am looking for. 
 
I think I need to purge my t-shirts a little more.  I have so many I had to focus them in the draw.  They look to stuffed in the drawer. 
 
Hope you enjoyed this tutorial.  I will  start making videos soon.  What would you like to see organized?  Do you need suggestion/tips on something?  Leave me a comment.  Please let me know what you think of my organizing.  Do you have an organizing tip, you would like to share? I will be more than happy to hear them.
 
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment